Thursday 24 December 2015

Christmas Eve and counting ...



I was not really impressed to find Christmas decorations in the shopping centres nearly three months ago.  I know God spent millennia getting the world ready for Jesus to come, but I don't feel the need to prepare for Christmas near the beginning of October.
However, I was impressed to find that one of the shopping centres near where we live has this huge nativity scene ...
This evening Martin will be telling the story and getting help from children to put up the nativity scene in our church.  Last year I did this, and I am glad he is available this year as it is an amazingly demanding service to run!
Martin has also been out on the street painting angels and telling the curious that Christmas is about celebrating Jesus.  I have been working quite hard at UCT and also got a mean cold which I am still trying to deal with.  I have felt sad that I didn't have energy for the street ...

Next week is family time, but we will also try to be out there in the aftermath of Christmas ... as quiet depression sets in, as people realise that their stall didn't make as much money as they had hoped, in the trough between Christmas and New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment