Thursday 26 July 2012

contact zone - in the pouring rain

Cape Town is wet, wet, wet

And that means that I have to be indoors on Saturday mornings.  

Which in turn means that I have to spend time in restaurants.  Not a bad thing, except that there is not all that much I can eat served up at Cavendish restaurants and coffee shops, and there is only so much coffee one can drink to justify occupying the contact zone!

and with our church involved in an excercise (live below the line) aimed at exploring a simple lifestyle, it's amazing to see how little pleasure people seem to get out of ribs and steak!

And how intensely private people become in public.

My evangelistic verdict: not much contact indoors.  Out on the streets I get far more people duscussing my stuff, far more openness to human contact.  But it's a great place to pray with compassion for the harried and anxious and angry and sad and stressed people that God loves.

And to draw them, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment