Tuesday 2 April 2013

Between Easter and Charis' Wedding



 Easter was great.  Each year I feel more and more satisfied in my heart by the centrality of THIS celebration to my faith.  Christmas gets more energy, but Easter is the glowing Core.  SO everything from getting scratched harvesting palm branches for Palm Sunday to the sombre cadences of a tenebrae service, from the pain of Lesley’s Good Friday sermon to wearing my “bont” shirt on Easter morning…all these things leave me feeling simpler and stronger as a Christian.

And to commemorate the occasion I am posting my sermon notes from Dave Birkholz and Dave Howard’s Easter children’s talk and sermon.  Solidly helpful work from them, pastorally and evangelistically engaged!

We had a lovely time with family and friends...which will of course be continued all this week until CHaris' wedding on Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the cyrillic made it on there :) I realised afterwards I could have done it actually - but I am glad I didn't as your handwriting is much neater:)
    All the best to Charis for the wedding (and you all as well!)

    ReplyDelete