Wednesday 23 January 2019

Christmas-tide Evangelism

I spent a little extra time on the street before Christmas this year (sadly had an inner ear infection in the week immediately before Christmas, which cut a lot of key days out of my annual attempt to make the most of the slightly heightened spiritual awareness that there is around the end of the year, and around major festivals. 


This year I spoke the Gospel of the Important Baby through my large puppets -which is always a lot of fun. This year I revamped all my Christmas cast, with major plastic surgery (papier mache surgey?) and particularly a refocusing of all of their eyes using plastic spoon heads (I suppose THAT counts as plastic surgery!)

I was starting to have some good conversations with people from different walks of life, before my ear infection laid me low. It highlights an issue in the stuff I do - if I had been working with a team I could have entrusted the work to other actors. But I tend to make last minute decisions. And of course I have years of experience for pleading for help with the sort of pavement conversion liturgy I do with very few people taking me up on the invitation. I need to persist! And I sincerely appreciate people like my friend Andrew who seldom misses out on spending some time with me outside doing evangelism.

Anyway, I preached the Word. And the Word was "Pay attention to this Baby. He is more important than you think!"

No comments:

Post a Comment