Sunday 25 May 2014

after a silence ...

We have been seriously bad about giving news this year!
It's not that we don't need prayer, or that we don't feel the need for prayer.  The Serving Strangers communication has suffered along with other things in stressed lives ... please keep praying.  I can't promise reform (I keep trying!) but here at least is one blog post.

Some comments on personal life:

I suspect that we are still feeling the weakness of stress and sorrow after my brother's illness and death - I notice my other siblings are also tired and subdued.  It is hard to keep physical and emotional stability in times of great weakness.
Mom and Dad on their 60th Wedding Anniversary!

Like many other parents we miss our faraway children (Charis and Ryan in London).  Like many other children our age we live with concern for frail parents (Cynthia and Philip next door).

We love having Joanna and Adam near.

We also have many other great joys:
Dogs, cats and parrot.  Flowers on my walks home from work at UCT.  Mountains and sea.  Books to read.  Conversations with interesting people. Tools for making things.  Stones.
Life is full of beauty.
wildflowers in "our" park


No comments:

Post a Comment