Sunday 15 June 2014

Sunday morning

It's Sunday morning and I'm not at church yet.  I might arrive late.
I'm sitting in a coffee shop that isn't open yet.  There are Christian men here who would love to be in church, but their job is relentless!  They are mopping and cleaning, firing up the coffee machine and toaster, and making sandwich rolls.
When they open Ill get a take-away coffee to drink in church.  But before that, if there are no other customers, they will ask me to pray with them.
Or they might not.  It depends a bit on who is in charge for the day.
But, they know that I know that they are working hard.  They are all reminded that God cares about them and that he is here too: even in a place which is designed to obscure our need of him.
This is part of our 'outsiders' ministry in the Claremont urban hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment