Tuesday 2 September 2014

being and insider is easier

It is so hard to do something so simple.
As we become tired or stressed or busy, the thing that gets neglected first is serving the outsider!

Nobody has noticed that I haven't written an outsiders blog for six months.  Nobody has complained that I haven't been systematically walking prayer into the Claremont Urban Hub.  The businesses around this centre don't rely on my prayers.  The workers don't know whether I pray for just behaviour on the part of their employers.  Lonely people don't care whether I am there to notice them or not.  Nobody wants to know whether I have had the peaceful energy to write a poem about the city.  None of the people who can't do church even know that I care about them and wish I could find a way to touch their spirits.

So, it's hard to re-energise.  It's hard to let the call of God take my life by storm when there is nothing else.

Today I have sat in the urban space again.  Sit with me by praying for God to bring about his work in me. Please.

2 comments:

  1. But the time you have spent investing in your family is also worthwhile and important. It isn't always possible to do absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Martin
    Could you confirm your e-mail address for me? Just send a blank e-mail to dave.p@ppmprojects.co.za
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete